2015 RDX Timing Belt Part Numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 05:41 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 RDX Timing Belt Part Numbers?

Hello All,
Does anyone have the OEM part numbers for 2G RDX Timing Belt Kit? I looked at the AISIN Kit, but I figured I'd go OEM anyways. Have about 123K on the dash and dealer noted it was time to be done. Also have a slight noise coming from the belt in the morning, another post documented the sound and its identical to mine. Looking for all the parts I would need to change, and yes I will be doing the water pump as well.

So far I found these parts:
Belt - 14400-RCA-A01
Water Pump - 19200-RDV-J01

Please help me on everything else I would need. Thanks in advance!

Old 04-18-2024, 06:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,741 Likes on 1,396 Posts
^
According to acurapartswarehouse.com the water pump is discontinued; therefore, you may have to reconsider the aisin tkh002 kit.
It is the same as OEM without paying for the Honda branding on the box.

Otherwise, if you absolutely must have an OEM TB tensioner; idler & adjuster pullies find them on the website below and shop the web for best price.
Genuine OEM Acura Parts and Accessories Online - Acura Parts Warehouse
Old 04-18-2024, 08:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 361 Likes on 287 Posts
I’ll put in my 2 cents, I’ve verified from my own experience that a Mitsuboshi belt from Aisin TKH002 kit is in no way inferior in reliability to a Honda belt.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Suzuka Master

I replaced my SC'd CL-S6's first timing belt because I had it in my mind that purchasing individual OEM components, no matter the price, was better.
Then when I had to change my next timing belt, on a low mile recently purchased CL-S automatic, there was no hesitation in opting for the lower cost Aisin tkh001 kit.
For 'grins & giggles', currently, I'm using the previous owner rebuilt transmission as an experiment for utilizing lower cost Aisin DW-1 ATF versus Acura / Honda DW-1.
So far, so good after 10K miles in scorching FL heat & stop & go traffic, though, it helps somewhat that there is a transmission cooler installed.
Old 04-19-2024, 01:23 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by zeta
^
According to acurapartswarehouse.com the water pump is discontinued; therefore, you may have to reconsider the aisin tkh002 kit.
It is the same as OEM without paying for the Honda branding on the box.

Otherwise, if you absolutely must have an OEM TB tensioner; idler & adjuster pullies find them on the website below and shop the web for best price.
Genuine OEM Acura Parts and Accessories Online - Acura Parts Warehouse
I found the OEM pump (I think) at acura.oempartsonline.com, looks like the price their asking isn't too bad. However I must say the tensioner, idler, and pullies are on the more expensive side. I think the tensioner and idler alone costs more than the whole AISIN Kit, go figure haha. I have no problem with the AISIN kit, I did see a lot of people praising it, I just figured for bragging rights at this point I'll try to get all the Honda/Acura branded items. I attached a photo of the OEM water pump, let me know if that site is reputable. That being said, can anyone verify the part numbers for like mentioned above? (Tensioner, Idler & Adjuster Pullies), Because I just want to be 100% that I'm not missing anything. Cheers.

Old 04-19-2024, 01:28 AM
10th Gear

I replaced my SC'd CL-S6's first timing belt because I had it in my mind that purchasing individual OEM components, no matter the price, was better.
Then when I had to change my next timing belt, on a low mile recently purchased CL-S automatic, there was no hesitation in opting for the lower cost Aisin tkh001 kit.
For 'grins & giggles', currently, I'm using the previous owner rebuilt transmission as an experiment for utilizing lower cost Aisin DW-1 ATF versus Acura / Honda DW-1.
So far, so good after 10K miles in scorching FL heat & stop & go traffic, though, it helps somewhat that there is a transmission cooler installed.
Haha I hear you. I'm not against the AISIN kit, I just think for this timing belt I'd go 100% OEM. Car is my wifes RDX and we bought it CPO at 50K, never gave any issues. I will admit during the first couple of years of ownership I did drive spirited, so its payback time . Maybe on the 3rd belt I'll go AISIN
Old 04-19-2024, 01:32 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by altair47
I’ll put in my 2 cents, I’ve verified from my own experience that a Mitsuboshi belt from Aisin TKH002 kit is in no way inferior in reliability to a Honda belt.
Frankly, I actually did order the AISIN kit at first from RockAuto.com, it took them 3 delayed days and me reaching out for them to tell me there was an issue with my payment method, and that I had to contact my bank. Not to give them a bad name, this has never happened to me before and RockAuto has always been great to me, but when this happened I had already lined my calender up for the timing belt service and the delay threw me off. So I just cancled the order and started ordering the OEM parts. I just want to verify all the part numbers to make sure I dont miss anything while I'm in there. Would anyone recommend any other parts while the timing belt is being replaced? I'm going to change all the spark plugs too because its never been changed since vehicle was bought.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by HarryS1
So I just cancled the order and started ordering the OEM parts.
You found & purchased the 'discontinued' 19200-RDV-J01 water pump above?

I just want to verify all the part numbers to make sure I dont miss anything while I'm in there.
All the required part numbers, for anything involving your 2G RDX, can be found on the OEM vendor link provided above.

Would anyone recommend any other parts while the timing belt is being replaced? I'm going to change all the spark plugs too because its never been changed since vehicle was bought.
There is no mention of how many miles are on the car?
Depending on the mileage interval and how brave you feel one could consider a valve adjustment while you are there?
Are there any oil leaks around the engine?

Last edited by zeta; 04-19-2024 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 361 Likes on 287 Posts
I’ll write about Made in the USA the Yamada 19200-RDV-J01 water pumps . On my RDX, in the lower channel of the OEM Japan Honda pump, during the first timing belt kit replacement at 120к, it was clean and dry, but after 7 years at 190k during the second timing kit, the lower drain channel of the Yamada pump purchased from a dealer was completely clogged with deposits from dried coolant. Which means that the Yamada pump is of much lower quality than the OEM. I regretted throwing out the old OEM pump and installed a Yamada there.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:41 AM
Suzuka Master

^
Interesting that you say that because, on the 03 CL-S automatic I mentioned above, the 2003 'factory' installed & pictured below (as you can see) AISIN water pump only had 50,909 miles when removed.

The car basically sat in this older gentleman's driveway, was hardly driven, & too good of a deal to pass up because of all the 'go-fast' parts installed.

While I was cataloging / removing the CT-E S/C'er kit components, to eventually resell here on the forum to recoup much of the sale price, a new TB kit replaced the factory original.

Therefore, IMHO, if the OP has any 'reservations' about going with an AISIN kit, for his 2G RDX, it is a moot point and perhaps a waste of time / $$$ paying for OEM TB components?

Though, personal preference has been known to supersede many discussion / arguments in this regard.

Besides, wifey is the one driving it, so the likely hood of excessive abuse is practically non-existent?
The picture below is of an Aisin tkh001 water pump purchased from RA & it is clearly marked 'Japan'.

Thus, if Acura / Honda used Aisin WP's 'back in the day', at one time, during their factory manufacturing process, reliability of this Japanese made component should hold up to time when installed correctly.
Old 04-19-2024, 02:41 PM
10th Gear

You found & purchased the 'discontinued' 19200-RDV-J01 water pump above?

Yes the link above I purchased. Waiting for shipment and I'll update with pics.

All the required part numbers, for anything involving your 2G RDX, can be found on the OEM vendor link provided above.

There is no mention of how many miles are on the car?
Depending on the mileage interval and how brave you feel one could consider a valve adjustment while you are there?
Are there any oil leaks around the engine?
Mileage is at 113K. When I had the transmission fluid changed at 109K dealer advised timing belt ($1,799), valve adjustment ($819), spark plug changed ($699), and mount and balance 3 tires ($1,042). Could you imagine what they are asking for spark plug/tire rotation 😂. They also mentioned Left Axle Seal seeping & Oil filter housing gasket for around $400 each service. Car never had any oil leaks. No issues other than brakes and oil changes. There was a time where the transmission would surge around 2K RPM on highway but transmission flush fixed that (dealer). I'm considering a valve adjustment but don't know if $800 justifies it. There is currently a rattle noise coming from the engine during cold start, identical to this post.
RDX Rattle Noise on Cold Start
I'm hoping the TB service fixes it, if it doesn't, I'll opt into the valve adjustment.
Old 04-19-2024, 03:00 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by altair47
I’ll write about Made in the USA the Yamada 19200-RDV-J01 water pumps . On my RDX, in the lower channel of the OEM Japan Honda pump, during the first timing belt kit replacement at 120к, it was clean and dry, but after 7 years at 190k during the second timing kit, the lower drain channel of the Yamada pump purchased from a dealer was completely clogged with deposits from dried coolant. Which means that the Yamada pump is of much lower quality than the OEM. I regretted throwing out the old OEM pump and installed a Yamada there.
^
Interesting that you say that because, on the 03 CL-S automatic I mentioned above, the 2003 'factory' installed & pictured below (as you can see) AISIN water pump only had 50,909 miles when removed.

The car basically sat in this older gentleman's driveway, was hardly driven, & too good of a deal to pass up because of all the 'go-fast' parts installed.

While I was cataloging / removing the CT-E S/C'er kit components, to eventually resell here on the forum to recoup much of the sale price, a new TB kit replaced the factory original.

Therefore, IMHO, if the OP has any 'reservations' about going with an AISIN kit, for his 2G RDX, it is a moot point and perhaps a waste of time / $$$ paying for OEM TB components?

Though, personal preference has been known to supersede many discussion / arguments in this regard.

Besides, wifey is the one driving it, so the likely hood of excessive abuse is practically non-existent?
The picture below is of an Aisin tkh001 water pump purchased from RA & it is clearly marked 'Japan'.

Thus, if Acura / Honda used Aisin WP's 'back in the day', at one time, during their factory manufacturing process, reliability of this Japanese made component should hold up to time when installed correctly.
Interesting... Well it looks like the OEM belt, tensioner, idler and adjuster was shipped out but the pump wasn't shipped yet because it was a seperate order. Would you guys advise ordering the AISIN pump and use all the OEM components with it? Or should I just use all the components that come with the AISIN kit?
Old 04-19-2024, 04:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Interesting... Well it looks like the OEM belt, tensioner, idler and adjuster was shipped out but the pump wasn't shipped yet because it was a seperate order. Would you guys advise ordering the AISIN pump and use all the OEM components with it?

If you purchased genuine OEM belt, tensioner, idler and adjusterthen you spent around $426.90 before shipping & handling?

The Aisin kit with a water pump is more than half the price excluding shipping.

Or should I just use all the components that come with the AISIN kit?

Don't buy the whole kit if the other OEM parts have shipped, just get the aisin water pump below.
Though it would probably be prudent to make sure the 'separate order' OEM WP is either received or cancelled before pulling the trigger on the Aisin WP, no?

Old 04-20-2024, 03:54 AM
10th Gear

If you purchased genuine OEM belt, tensioner, idler and adjusterthen you spent around $426.90 before shipping & handling?

The Aisin kit with a water pump is more than half the price excluding shipping.

Don't buy the whole kit if the other OEM parts have shipped, just get the aisin water pump below.
Though it would probably be prudent to make sure the 'separate order' OEM WP is either received or cancelled before pulling the trigger on the Aisin WP, no?
Wow I didn't even know you could buy the AISIN water pump by itself, go figure. Yes I spent over $400 already on the oem components other than the pump. I just got the package with all components EXCEPT water pump, given it's Friday night, I'm guessing it will ship closer to Monday. So I'll put in the cancelation now and order the AISIN pump, use the Honda branded components that I've already received.